CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 10, 2007

poems of morbid and painful awakening

PRISONER OF FREEDOM
by Jason “The Saj” J. Epperson

I once was a free man
My mind was my own
Creating and thinking, are things I had known.
I once was a free man
My heart was my own
Sorrow and love, are things I had known.

I hiked through dense forests, and sailed the rough sea
With torrents of rain and the wind howling at me
It was here that I knew,
I knew I was free.

Now I am a prisoner
Nothing my own
Creating and thinking, to me are unknown.
Now I am a prisoner
Nothing my own
Sorrow and love, to me are unknown.

I walk through abhorrent creations of man,
Painted brick walls, part of an expanse of dimly lit halls.
It was here that I knew,
I knew I was not free.

I see a man in a nightmare
His mind not his own.
Thoughts in captivity, the outside unknown
I see a man in a nightmare
His heart not his own
The freedom to love to him is unknown

He lives life in a cubicle cell, which often resembles a painting of hell.
Silence so sacred, to utter a word, even to smile would be considered absurd.
It was here that he knew,
He knew he was not free.


A POEM
by Leighanne Quinn

Some things are indescribable with things of the heart.
But remembering memories ties the bounds of the weakness at heart.
I remember those times,
The times when I was lonely and thought of only darkness.

I remember you were there,
scaring away the ravaging beasts that fought for my soul.

I remember the time when I rocked back and forth with insanity,
trying to force the damaging thoughts away from my mind...
you were there.
Spreading your light and burning the beady little eyes of the
demons that were ripping at my soul.

I remember 9/11.
I remember the fear.
I remember the chaos.
I remember your love.
I remember thinking that I could call on you and you would immediately be there.
I remember thinking, there would be no fear if I were in that situation, because you
would guide me to my home.

I know now of blasphemy.
The same evil thoughts that contaminate children's and adult's minds alike.
I know that they lose site of you, but you never lose site of them.
Guiding them,
keeping your neglected heart beating inside of them.

I still remember things not so pleasant that had to come.
I remember the rampages,
I remember the fights,
I remember the fear,
I remember the tears.
I also remember you, My God, saving me from an unkempt mind.

I may not have a home here, but I know that you are my God, you are my family,
you are my home.

I see now, of your love.
I see now of your heart.
I see now that the very hearts, blood, and soul that are in us all...
is actually the effect of you giving up your son.



PSALM OF THE SHADOW DWELLER

aint my wings with blood O Lord

So that I may attract the lost and abandoned

Paint my wings with blood O Lord

So that I may show the freaks and misfits

That they belong

That they have a home

That they are loved

Paint my wings with blood O Lord

So that I may remember the one who shed it for me!

Paint my wings with blood O Lord

So that I may be corrupt no more!

Paint my wings with blood O Lord

Because right now,

You're all I ever want!

You're all I ever have!

You're all I ever need!

Without You O Lord

I am nothing!

But with You O Lord,

I am everything!

- Adam Flanagan

HE IS HER ANGEL

e is the one who heals broken hearts;

He is her angel when the yelling starts.

As she cry's he hold's her tight;

He will protect her when they start to fight.

Seeing through her eyes he saw the knife;

He knew she was going to end her life.

He opened his arms and held her tight;

that's when she began to see the light.

She spoke to him asking if he was God;

He looked at her and said yes with a nod.

He healed her broken heart;

and informed her that they shall never part.

- Heather Finch

IMITATION ANGEL

haven't got time to break down and I don't know how to erase

And there's one too many ghosts that occupy this space

There's a coffin filled with hate buried inside of me

At times I can feel the enmity on the verge of breaking free

It whispers to me, “You are just an imitation, you will never be real...

There's not a single soul that cares how you feel.”

White feathers shedding until they're all gone

Could there be a pedestal of hope to ever stand on?

Imitation angel embracing the darkness

Withered blooms of smiles turn my fear into a harness

I tread softly but beyond this realm I am dead

Like Sally, I am simply in pieces stitched together by a thread

With a faded pink heart sewn against my sleeve

I have found that my past was all make believe

Scribbling on pages flow like a stream beneath a bridge

A door to my soul seems to be coming unhinged

Underneath it all, I am pitch black

An empty chasm like the eyes of Jack

How this story you have written haunts me like a ghost

How I no longer exist grieves me the most

I realize you had hopes for pearls and ivory

And what I am is stone and ivy

This path I have chosen is forbidden

In all direction guilt trips are given

I place my feelings upon a breeze

to feel the strength return to my knees

No longer weak but icy cold

I'm finally real but no one knows

Underneath lies delicate bones

A crystal heart and writhing moans

Eyes reveal such disappointment

They believe I am fallen and that I'm broken

“These wings you have, they must be stolen!”

Here inside the gray I am safe from harm

The black conceals the mystery of my tender charm

To ward off those who cannot see the angel here

Inside of me

- Carolynn Rogers Larson

THE POETRY OF NIGHEVE

Yesterday

I wished for Yesterday
But like the wind
I tried to grasp its beating
Cyclone heart
In my fevered fingers
And find it snaking from
My fist and flowing free
It falls and catches
The blood and tears flowing
Down my cheek
Flooding the firmament
Like all the Yesterdays
Before and gone
Lost in time
Replaced with Tomorrow's fears

...written by Nigheve/July 1997

Rain
beating down liquid daggers
piercing my flesh
leaving it to shred and bleed
a watery grave
as flesh and tears mingle
in the sweet, acid caress of
rain

...written by Nigheve/July 1997

Blue

The sun kisses the sea
When Blue caresses the horizon
Waves reaching out
To catch the wind
With fingers made of Triton's tears

Tears of mine into fingers flow
For You to catch
Waves reaching in
To caress my Blue heart
Kissed by the Son,
Transforming sea and me

...written by Nigheve/May 1997/#1 of the Colour Series


God bless,
...Nigheve
www.nigheve.com
nigheve@gmail.com








0 comments: