CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

OVERCOMING FEAR

This is my theme of the month. Overcoming the things i feared. This is because it is like a self-imposed prison that limits your freedom from exhausting your life to the fullest. I am busy finishing my friggin backlogs but this is my way to release my stress. The past months we're not quite good for me. I have suffered crisis and numerous persecutions. But God is good! I know He never abandoned me. I know when I suffered, He knew everything how i felt. But now, God wants me to face my FEAR... This is the right time to do it. That's the significance of the book Destination Success i bought because of depression. The author talks about overcoming and facing fear.

"Overcoming your fear is the beginning of WISDOM"


This is the very first quote i remembered when he discussed about fear. The past few years I keep on running from them. But I realize how wrong I am. To overcome your fear, you must into them, not run away from them. You might say this is easier said than done. But with persistence and determination to overcome your shadow, you can. I experience a lot of struggles. I'm still on the process of overcoming my fear and this is not done overnight. It will need serious hard work. And if you cling to God, He will anchor you on your journey. I still stumble, but nevertheless I persevere.
Just like what David did to Goliath. He ran toward the fierce giant instead of running away from it. I guess all of us has Goliath in our hearts. What are they? If you know you fear something but don't know what it is, you're in deep trouble.

For me, overcoming fear is not the beginning of wisdom, but freedom..



0 comments: